Sunday 19 January 2014

Misanthropy

I am one of the smileyest fuckers you will meet, yet I absolutely adore gothic doom. It's funny really. The darker and angstier the lyrics, the more downtone and gloomier the sound, the wider my silly grin is. If I'm feeling low I can always be cheered up by a good dose of funeral doom :D
Today I present to thee a wonserfully cheerful song titled 'Darkness and Sadness' by Deborah. This gloriously moody track features some extremely deep bass; rather simple yet solemn keys; raspy and screechy male vocals accompanied by beautifully haunting female vocals.


I think one reason why I love the deeply repetitive drumming of this track (besides the fact that I love the dreaded sound of repetitive doom metal) is that it actually really reminds me of the Zil Padon ruins music from Grandia - my all time favourite game. The drumming kicks in mid track with the Angelou music. So good.



No comments:

Post a Comment